Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Banker's Daughter and A Whole New Way


So the dream is to be set up for a date with the banker's daughter right? Well, I had just that good fortune only a few years ago. And it was the banker himself who set me up for the date.
Steve Baltz is the president and owner of First United Banks in Colorado. I met him as I was doing some refinancing for the aircraft, and since the deal was for over a million dollars, he wanted to meet me and see the Ikeler4000 as well. After I met with him, he made a call to his daughter, Kim Baltz, who is a lawyer and was vice president of their downtown Denver location. He was telling her what a great guy I was, how I liked cats, and even specialized in them, and how we ought to get together. Within a few days, Kim was calling me for a lunch date.
I met her at her office and we went to The Broker for lunch, and she even paid! She was very analytical about our lunch date and ran it like a deposition. She was friendly and nice, but I really didn't know whether or not she liked me. We had a good two hours together and I was hoping we might even set up a second date. She showed me around her bank and showed me the historic elements of that location and how big and heavy the giant safe door is. I enjoyed being with her and it was a fun and interesting first date.
She too had wanted to see my aircraft, so I brought along illustrations of it and at the end of our date I took time to show her. She liked it and everything, but I noticed a certain anxiety coming over her as she thought about it. She concluded our lunch date, summed up the aircraft and bid fairwell to me with saying, "That's great Dr. Ikeler, you have just invented a Whole New Way To Rob A Bank!"

No comments:

Post a Comment